Sunday, August 21, 2016

Bike Emergency! Oh no!

Whew...we have been holding our breath since last night.  Ive been smeeling gas when I ride for the last couple of rides on my 650. 

Last night Tom found the source of smell.  There was a leak where the gas goes into the carb.  Oh no!  A bad hose or a bad fuel inlet thingy?

  Oh no!  As Tom tried to figure out how to get to it to diagnose I tried to say calm and started making alternate back up plans to use my 250 again in case would could not find parts.

Well, as it turned out some o rings inside the the fuel thingy were worn out.  He got lucky and found some at the auto parts store.  Whew! Bike  emergency diverted!

1 comment:

  1. Tragedy averted. I'm glad to hear you got it squared away. That would have sucked having find another mount on short notice

    ReplyDelete