Saturday, August 20, 2016

Rick Wilkins - So let me introduce myself

Hey everyone, Rick Wilkins here. A little about me, I'm from Churchville, VA. and absolutely LOVE Colorado!  I also love riding motorcycles and the two seem to go together rather well.

I grew up riding enduros in the mountains of Va with my dad  and tinkered a little with motocross and raced some hare scrambles. Hare scrambles definitely created a lot of good two wheeled memories.
Naturally, since I rode both of my kids grew up riding. My daughter, Alison loved riding four wheelers and my son, Nick, became an avid motorcycle nut.

A couple of the riding highlights of my life have included an epic day of riding in the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee with a "guide" known in the ThumperTalk world as "Yanni123" GREAT day spent oN the bike. 
Another highlight was the two days we spent on dirt bikes in Grand Junction, CO. Amazing two days.

Last summer my wife, Cathy and I spent several days ridng my KTM 990 adventure in the mountains of CO and had a great time. We rode parts of  something called the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route. That spawned the trip we are about to embark on. Eleven of us, nine from the East coast from this point on known as the "AAR" Appalachian Adventure Riders and two from Colorado known as TnT (TazandTom) are about to ride the entire COBDR starting August 23rd at the "Four Corners" and heading north for a number of days undetermined. All we know at this point is we are embarking on a 749 mile dirt road journey through the Rocky Mountains. If the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise (or it doesn't snow a foot) we'll end up in Wyoming with a lot of good stories and another epic motorcycle journey.

So come along on the trip and enjoy the ride through our eyes.

2 comments: