Saturday, August 20, 2016

Taz Brown - The second T in the TNT

I am an ex Virginian.   I'm also rhe only gal on the trip.  I have been in Colorado for close to 10 years now.  I LOVE LOVE it here.  I also love two wheels.  Everyone here has a lot of toys so I am right at home here.

Bicycles have been in my life all my life and I actually own a bicycle repair biz these days.  I did not start riding motos until my late 30s even though I always wanted to.  Dirt biking tight single track has been my ride type of choice.  Like mtn biking with a motor.

Then last year I rode a bit with Rick and wife up around Steamboat Springs...I thought to myself that there would be no better way to see the high country of my state (even though I ve ridden a fair amount of the state by bicycle).  A small percentage of the population gets to see in person what we are going to see next week.

This is my first trip of this kind on moto, but with several long distance bicycle rides under my belt it made it easy to pack for.  When this quest first started I was going to be riding my trail bike, a KTM 250xcfw with bags, and my boyfriend on his 350.  Then at the last minute we accquired two KLR650s. Webhave been working like crazy to get them ready for the trip.

  I have a big bike phobia so we have been practicing the past few weeks with the big bikes.  So I'm crossing my fingers all goes well and the rubber side stays down.  Stay tuned for some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment