Saturday, August 20, 2016

Tom Castillo - the first T in TNT

Originally from the northeastern plains in a little town called Keensburg Colorado.  I rode street bikes for about 5 yrs illegally.  My job moved me to the west side of the Rockies in 2000.

I started riding dirt bikes with work buddies in 2010.  I met Taz in 2015. She stepped my game up getting me to ride a little longer, harder and a bit faster.  In March I got my motocycle license so I could legally participate in this trip.  I was going to attempt this ride on my KTM 300 exc, but I didn't think having to mix fuel on a two stroke was going to be a good idea so I upgraded to a Husky 350. 

Taz and I were going to ride the 250 & 350 on the trip, however paperwork for 350 and other key parts were missing.  So I started practicing for the trip on the ol trusty TTR250.  Then Taz came home one night and said she thought she was buying a KLR650!  She brings it home and tells me maybe I should ride the 650 on the BDR trip...so I start practicing...then she does it again!  Comes home one night and says there is another KLR650 for sale right here in town, we should go look at it?!  Then guess what?  We are BOTH riding KLRs now!  So...if you were not counting...that is 5 differnet bikes that I have been practicing on since May..
and 4 of them are still in garage! 

 All kidding aside...I'm looking forward to meeting these southern gentlemen and sharing this experience with my newest best friend.

  Stay tuned for further adventures of the TNT Express!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, southern gentlemen? You, my friend are about to be disappointed. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, southern gentlemen? You, my friend are about to be disappointed. Lol...

    ReplyDelete